Events modify gameplay in two primary ways: by adding special themed cards, and by offering “Boss Battles”. “Episode” cards are rare ‘hero’ cards that players may use in Boss Battles. These cards may only be obtained via in-game purchases (usually costing somewhere between ten and fifteen dollars to get a “complete” robot/vehicle/weapon combo). “Event” cards represent the bosses, and are distributed after the event’s conclusion as rewards for top players. Boss Battles work similarly to standard Battles, except that they are accessed through the Missions mode, as one of the possible outcomes. Boss Battles also add limited multiplayer action – if a Boss is too difficult for a single player, they can opt to invite other users (again, selected by the game) to assist, with all participants receiving rewards.
- Harvest of the Insecticons – An Insecticon themed event featuring Kickback, Hardshell, and Sharpshot as bosses and Hound and Mirage as rare Autobots.
- Day of the Dinobots, Part 1 – A Dinobot themed event featuring Sludge, Snarl, and Slug as bosses and Dirge and Thrust as rare Decepticons.
- Robots in the Sky – A Seeker themed event featuring Acid Storm, Sunstorm, Skywarp, and Thundercracker as bosses and Cliffjumper and Jazz as rare Autobots.
- Fatal Furies – A Female Autobots themed event featuring Firestar, Arcee, Chromia, and Elita One as bosses and Slipstream and Flamewar as rare Decepticons. The Decepticons win the day, stopping the Autobots.
- Unleash the Beast – (5/9/13 – 5/16/13) A Terrorcons themed event inspired loosely by the plot of Transformers: Beast Hunters. Shockwave clones the Terrorcons based on ancient CNA. When they prove uncontrollable he sends Predacons Razorclaw and Divebomb to capture them before Megatron finds out. In the end they recapture the Terrorcons and return them to Shockwave’s control. For now. Featuring Rippersnapper, Blight, Twinstrike, and Hun-Gurrr as bosses and Razorclaw and Divebomb as rare Decepticons.
- Cold Delivery – (5/17/13 – 5/23/13) An outer space themed event featuring Cosmos, Jetfire, Sky Lynx, and Omega Supreme as bosses and Cyclonus and Scourge as rare Decepticons. In the end Cyclonus and Scourge rebuff Omega’s squad and prevent most supplies from making it through the Space Bridge, causing a major setback to Autobot plans.
- Countdown to Extinction – (5/24/13 – 5/31/13) An adaptation of the G1 episode. Starscream, Rumble, and Reflector are bosses, while Sideswipe and Red Alert are available for purchase. All Ironhide cards are upgrades to do x2 damage for the event. As in the original episode, the Decepticons are routed and the Autobots win the day.
- Day of the Dinobots, Part 2 – (6/5/13 – 6/12/13) – A continuation of the earlier Dinobot event. The Dinobot squad is preparing to attack Decepticon headquarters, but Shockwave and his minions are preparing a counterstrike. All five Dinobots are bosses, with Shockwave, Ramjet, and Ratbat as event cards. This event also introduces “Ultra-Rare” cards, starting with Shockwave and Grimlock.